Undergrad Co-op - ABC (Cell Based Screening & Antibody Characterization) - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutic antibody products targeting disease prevention and treatment.
- The company's antibody technology platform enables the rapid generation and selection of high affinity, fully human antibody product candidates to essentially any disease target appropriate for antibody therapy.
- Working in partnership with our U.S. based parent company,our company leverages its leading technology, flexible manufacturing capabilities and a network of partnerships for the discovery, development and manufacture of therapeutic antibodies for serious health conditions.
- The student will be part of a high-energy, fast paced team responsible for cell screening and antibody characterization in our antibody generation process.
- The team utilizes Flow Cytometry, Cellinsight and Cellomics Arrayscan as the screening platforms.
- In addition to becoming proficient in cell screening, the student is expected to maintain a variety of cell lines and is responsible for cell transfections and general lab duties.
- The student will have the opportunity to develop novel assays to assist in characterizing lead antibodies.
- Performs a variety of Cell-based assays:assays used to characterize the immune response in immunized animals
- high-throughput cell screens to identify antigen specific antibodies
- functional assays to characterize antibodies for epitope specificity, ligand blocking and species reactivity
- Gain strong working knowledge of Flow Cytometry, Cellinsight and Arrayscan
- Critically evaluate data and present results to the team
- Tissue culture and transfections
- Optimize/develop assays
- Our company requires that all individuals applying for an undergraduate internship or an undergraduate co-op assignment at our company must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s or Combined Bachelor's/Master's degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Previous lab experience
- General knowledge of immunology & molecular biology would be an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Function effectively as part of a team
- In the process of earning a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology/Microbiology, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- Able to work for two consecutive four month terms with continued employment for the second term dependent on a positive performance review at the end of the first term
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.