Undergrad Co-op - (ABC) Antibody Repertoire Engineering and Screening - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world.
- As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses.
- Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions.
- We are seeking a talented, highly motivated student to join our Antibody Repertoire Engineering and Screening team.
- The group specializes in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry and immunology.
- Our team focuses on generating and characterizing antibody repertoires against human targets of therapeutic interest.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organized, capable individual willing to learn new techniques and apply them to real-world scientific problems.
- Basic tissue culture and transfection
- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS)
- Molecular cloning, sequence analysis and recombinant protein expression
- Recombinant protein purification and analysis
- Critical evaluation and presentation of data
- Opportunity to work alongside highly skilled scientists at the world’s largest biotechnology company
- Gain key insights into modern drug discovery and development
- Contribute to projects that have the potential to directly impact human health and well-being
- Gain experience working with cutting edge technology
- Build a network of industry contacts and participate in scientific presentations
- Develop professional and scientific skills
- Our company requires that all individuals applying for an undergraduate internship or an undergraduate co-op assignment at our company must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s or Combined Bachelor's/Master's degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- In the process of earning a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology/Microbiology, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline
- Able to work for two consecutive four month terms with continued employment for the second term dependent on a positive performance review at the end of the first term
- Completion of 1 co-op term
- Previous lab experience
- High attention to detail and ability to comply with written procedures
- Excellent record keeping and time management skills
- Function effectively as part of a team
- Working knowledge of immunology, molecular biology or protein biochemistry
- Previous experience with hands-on molecular biology, basic tissue culture and protein purification
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.