This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 04 July 2017
- The role and title of this position is Corporate Counsel, supporting the international business in Europe with both geographic (primarily UK and Ireland) and functional responsibilities, reporting to EU+ Lead Counsel.
- The role of the Corporate Counsel is a leadership role with high exposure on a country level as well as on Global and EU+ level. At the same time, it is an operational role to be a legal adviser and business partner to the regional functions and affiliate teams. It requires a hands-on approach and business partner mentality.
- One of the key responsibilities of an Corporate Counsel is to be a legal advisor and business partner to the General Manager of the affiliates.
- Serve as primary legal counsel and advise affiliate in the geographic area of responsibility: primarily UK and Ireland. Advise the business on developments in pharmaceutical law and regulation and advise on corporate policy and governance. Prepare, negotiate, and review agreements (e.g. clinical trial, distribution agreements, vendor and supplier agreements, etc.).
- Advise and closely collaborate with the compliance function on compliance and risk pertaining to the commercialization of biopharmaceutical products, including sales, marketing, and distribution, as well as medical affairs activities.
- Prepare for new product launches and support regulatory, pricing and reimbursement initiatives.
- Materials review participation. Active engagement in the review of promotional and non-promotional materials.
- Coordinate with global functions.
- 8+ years of experience as an attorney
- Pharmaceutical experience and general legal corporate / commercial experience.
- International experience a plus.
- The right candidate shall be able to operate at a high level of autonomy and who has proven that he or she is able to very competently lead a complex area of responsibility or department that requires significant experience.
- The right candidate shall have proven judgment in working through complex issues, including those with potential strategic risk to the company.
- Developing ability to apply judgment to areas outside of core competency.
- The right candidate shall be able to effectively and practically delivery legal and business advice that mitigates risk.
- The person must be able to influence people and defend recommendations throughout the company.
- Capable of acting as a project team leader on cross-functional, multi-disciplinary projects.
- The right candidate shall be able to represent legal on country-wide strategic initiatives and highly complex cross-geography business transactions.
- Shall lead or serve as a strategic member of key legal oriented projects with high visibility to senior management across the company.
JD or equivalent and qualified to practice law in the EU / UK
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical Sales, Outside Sales, Pharmaceutical, Scientific, Science, Sales, Engineering
Find a Job Find Candidates