UK & Ireland Infrared Product Support Specialist - United Kingdom
- The Infrared Product Support Specialist is an important position, primarily responsible for supporting the growth and profitability of our company’s Material Characterisation portfolio within the U.K. & Ireland.
- Previous customer facing experience is an advantage, however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction.
- The territory covered is all of UK & I but many customers will come to the demonstration lab so preference will be given to candidates within a reasonable commute.
- Work with the existing Product Support Specialists and Sale Representatives to improve sales execution and maximization of prospect conversion rates; ensuring customer needs are well qualified, presenting & demonstrating company solutions, effective competitive positioning of our benefits and price, and ultimately improving our win rate within the available market to grow our share position.
- Assist the full sales team in the development of targeted account strategies to deliver annual business & share growth targets for our key accounts
- Develop high level relationships with the key influencers and opinion leaders across growth markets for the IR product line.
- Work with R&D, the Business Unit, Market development resources, Sales Development managers, field sales, service teams and customers to develop new application support data and sales support tools for the sales team. Sales support tools include the development of sales stories, playbooks, competitive counter attack plans and competitive positioning, sales presentation material and compelling proof data.
- Actively input to the business forecasting and target setting process.
- Provide best in class technical support to the sales team and our users; including instrument demonstrations, sample running, technical guidance on quoting and troubleshooting.
- Act as a technical consultant to our customer quoting process to ensure the suggested configurations meet customer needs and all commitments made fall with in the performance specifications of the instrument.
- Work with the Material Characteristics Specialists to generate a strong customer referral base and utilise effectively as needed.
- Work with the Material Characteristics Specialists to provide technical and competitor training programmes for the sales team to fill current skills gaps.
- Manage inventory of IR demonstration equipment such that it provides a good ROI for PKI.
- Manage, recommend and drive forward resolutions to customer complaints of an IR technical nature often working with the service team to identify the root causes.
- Contribute to the Plan and execute effective market warm-up and launch activities for new IR products.
- Maintain domain knowledge and expertise in relevant markets
- Monitors market trends and competitive activity and how this relates to our market and competitive position; always able to effectively communicate company competitive benefits and company directions whilst recommending appropriate strategies and actions internally to pre-empt or respond
- Comprehends target market and changing customer needs and wants; conducts market research necessary to make effective profitable decisions and provides feedback to the Business Unit for future development strategies.
BSc, MSc or Phd in Chemistry
- Experienced in IR technology and applications
- Strong technical background, both running the systems and understanding the key applications
- Strong Analytical Sciences domain knowledge and market understanding
- A good relationship builder, developing both internal and external networks, with an aptitude and desire to maximize company business at all interactions.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure being able to effectively influence across functional boundaries
- Self-driven and flexible; able to meet deadlines and deal with multiple and changing priorities
- Customer-orientated but with a clear priority for profit
- Strong desire to participate in growth and success of PKI
- High energy and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Extremely results-driven with excellent organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work to stretch goals
- Current driving licence
- Prepared to travel up to 60%