We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate high-level and detailed requirements beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design from concept to implementation with engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wire frames, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Staying up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Help establish, define, and promote UI design guidelines, best practices and standards
Help shape and define organizational best practices for UX/UI design in the application development process
The UX/UI Designer will be responsible for continuously improving the usability of company Informatics web applications with the objective of leading the industry in design quality and end user satisfaction. This will be achieved through daily support and contribution to the application development team.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Proven UX/UI experience, ideally with web applications
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user/process flows
- Proficiency in visual design and wire-framing tools (Preferably Sketch)
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap for rapid prototyping.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience or interest in science or related fields a plus