Truck Driver - United States
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Responsible to transport product to customers and Chemplex facilities. Additional functions include: loading and unloading trucks, and driving forklifts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate truck/trailer combination, 3 axle bobtail, and bulk transport trucks.
- Prepare “hand write” Bill of Ladings.
- Follow all Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to comply with all Solvay safety rules and company policies.
- Participate in the Incident Investigation process.
- Operate forklifts as required.
- Be available to support plant activities by working weekends or holidays when required.
- Adhere to Chemplex/Solvay Truck Driver policies.
- Follow DOT transportation rules and regulations.
- Maintain accurate driving E-logs/Teletrac and expense reports.
- Be a team player who can interface well with all levels of management.
- Participate in the annual employee performance assessments.
- Make sound decisions based upon facts.
SKILLS INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: