This job is currently Archived,
TRIAL SUPPLY MANAGER - Belgium
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- Our company has the mission to deliver affordable medicines to anyone, anywhere any day.
- Our priorities are ground in our dedication to the safety of our people and in earning the trust of our customers and communities.
- We do this through the quality and reliability of our products. Growing on a diverse company culture, we celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- We are responsible for all clinical supplies of the company Research & Development portfolio and the Global Medical Affairs portfolio.
- Our activities include all in-house and outsourced manufacturing of clinical supplies (Drug substance, Drug Product, Packaged and Labeled Clinical Supplies).
- Furthermore we handle demand forecasting, supply planning, and global distribution.
- Through a global network and organization, we are accountable for the manufacturing and scale-up of small and large molecules products in development and low volume commercial supply.
- We secure the supply to more than 60.000 patients in more than 330 clinical trials every year.
As Trial Supply Manager you will be responsible for:
- Planning and inventory management during the execution phase of clinical trials consistent with GCP guidelines
- Building and executing supply strategies in view of changes in trial execution
- Ensuring a seamless transition from study design phase and assessing clinical study recruitment rates, forecasting for kit demand planning and ensuring supply planning is adopted accordingly
- Utilizing business tools to handle inventories and ensuring on-time delivery with minimal overage of clinical supplies
- issue resolution activities for supply aspects of clinical studies (e.g., packaging, distribution) and establish and modify trial specific distribution agreements
- Participating as a member of appropriate GCDO clinical trial team and collaborating with your partners to ensure customer satisfaction, interfacing with Global Trial Managers
- Developing excellent working relationships with the other groups within Supply Management
- Running trial supply specific budget and supporting business process improvement initiatives during trial execution
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- You have experience in a supply chain functional area (make, source, plan, deliver), preferable in the clinical supply chain
- We have a preference for people who uses clinical supply demand management/planning tools (e.g., tcVisualize, IVRS, OMP+) or equivalent supply chain planning systems (SAP/ERP)
- You know how to work in S&OP processes
- You are experienced with the following functions: clinical supply pack/label/distribution, clinical trial operations, project management, pharma/bio research and development, inventory management
- General knowledge of GMP or GCP principles are preferred
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues to internal and external partners driving effective decision making
- You are willing to handle inventory and define need for material and capacity to address expected demand; ability to execute resulting plans
- Advanced skills with MS Excel (pivot tables, graphs, conditional formatting, etc.) is required
- You demonstrate awareness of pack/label and logistics operations and uses knowledge effectively planning and execution activities
- You are able to evaluate risks based on sound business analyses
- You can handle study specific budgets and communicate impact of changes
- You like to lead complex projects.