- Reporting to the Regional Transportation, Trade Compliance and Export Operations Lead, the candidate is accountable for supplier management, operational support and optimization of transportation flows throughout the region. The Transportation Manager will have 2 direct reports (transportation coordinators).
- The selected candidate pro-actively follows up on performance issues with transportation suppliers, monitors exception management (claims, accidents, emergency response) and is leading regular performance review sessions with the suppliers.
- The candidate is responsible to lead regional projects to reduce the transportation cost base and/or improve performance.
- The person will be managing projects on progress, financial aspects and will work closely together with various stakeholders in the company.
- The candidate also entails the logistics planning of new lanes, the launch of new products and product source changes for EMEA activities.
- Strategically it is expected that this person looks into ways and methods to optimize the transportation management throughout the Region, in order to come to an efficient and cost effective transportation management.
- This role offers you the opportunity to play an instrumental part in shaping the Logistics environment for the company.
- Transportation supplier management: have regular operational reviews with the preferred logistics suppliers and participate in and provide input for QMR's.
- Escalation point for operational issues in the region.
- Actively look for cost savings and performance improvements by working closely together with ao. suppliers and Logistics operations
- Managing regional transportation projects.
- Responsible for the Logistics set up for source changes and new lanes or products
- People management
- BA/BS or Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Economics or Logistics and/or at least 7 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Trade compliance in EMEA
- Experience in supplier management
- Project management skills
- Collaboration, facilitation and influencing skills
- Able to work within cross-functional teams; able to work with different cultures
- Effective communicator
- Strong analytical skills combined with capabilities to use data analysis tools (ao. Excel, Access)
- Excellent written and oral english communication skills
- Ability to drive results, hands on mentality
- Focus on the customer, both internal and external
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work. We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: Logistics, Transportation, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Claims, Operations, Engineering, Insurance