Transport Manager Central and Eastern Europe (Temporary Contract 2 years) - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health.
- Our company is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure.
- We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy.
- By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential.
- We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- We are looking for strong and enthusiastic candidates for the temporary position of Transport Manager Central and Eastern Europe.
- The primary responsibility is to secure reliable, compliant and cost effective solutions for the transport of finished medicinal products from company Plants and External Supply Organisations to customers in the Central ( Austria, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, & Switzerland ) and Eastern Europe ( Baltics, Balkans, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia & Romania ).
You will be responsible for
- Central Eastern Europe & German regional distribution hub transportation setup implementation
- Driving business review meetings with carriers, companyplants and relevant company stakeholders in the countries
- Attending S&OP meetings when relevant
- Coordinating EXW shipments from company plants and external supply organisations to regional distribution hub in Germany covering Central & Eastern European markets
- Coordinate shipments from regional distribution hub in Germany covering Central & Eastern European markets
- Ensuring that our company Plants and external supply organisations meet the Conditions for Deliveries of the Logistics Service Providers in Central & Eastern Europe
- Developing and executing the transport strategy for the Central and Eastern Europe
- Planning and following transportation budget for the Central & Eastern Europe
- Monitoring and reporting to management transportation Key Performance Indicators within cluster (e.g. billing accuracy, communication response time, on-time delivery, etc.)
- Implementing best practice tools, harmonised processes and support development of transport CoE concept
- Supporting European Distribution Optimisation (EDO) projects and initiatives
- Optimising and applying the distribution strategy (warehousing and transportation) and vision from plant/external partners to final customers
- Actively participating to transport sourcing, selection and implementation
- Supporting continuous improvements and further optimisation of transportation processes
- Relevant degree in Supply Chain Management and/or Business Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience from Transportation Management including distribution, regulations, supply chain and channel management within the pharmaceutical industry
- Grasp and understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry from a business and regulatory perspective (e.g. Good Distribution Practice Guidelines)
- In-depth comprehension of the different Supply Chain Management techniques and distribution models and systems
- Knowledge and experience of the European pharmaceutical & third-party logistics market
- Written and oral fluency in English and German
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Strong strategy and project execution skills
- SAP and Microsoft Excel advanced capabilities
- The position requires at least 10-20 travelling days a year.
- All applicants must hold a Swiss Work Permit or an EU Passport