- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- Our company manages the design, development, delivery, and continuous improvement of group and individualized site level training and development programs to align talent resources with strategic direction, business unit, and individual performance goals.
- The TS works as a hands-on engaged team member tasked with collaborating with business unit management to create cost-effective local and regional leadership/skill development plans/programs. Will also function as a key stakeholder relative to site wide compliance with FDA regulations (and other regulatory agency requirements) and provide leadership and front line training and education, ensuring all employees view our company as an Employer of Choice.
Major duties/responsibilities include:
- While primarily focused on our company site specific needs this role will also partner with and work closely with US and Global Training organization to manage Training Governance application throughout the company including: policies and procedures; needs assessment; training instructional design; training resource qualification and staffing; adequate training resource numbers; measuring training effectiveness; measuring learner proficiency; auditing training; training reporting; and overdue training escalation processes.
- Analyzes quantitative and qualitative training data to ensure that development and training programs, curricula, and courses are cost-effective and support PNY as well as organizational goals.
- Is responsible for collaborating with and spending time with business unit managers/supervisors to develop and implement, skills-based training, and performance interventions to meet unit goals and strategic goals of our company (e.g. line clearance performance improvements, production and manufacturing goal setting and project management and focus on safety). Focus will be on developing tactical efficiency improvements to drive site wide profit and customer service execution while also working on strategic forward looking plans with site leadership.
- Develops and implements short- and long-run plans for effective and innovative site specific (and global organization as needed) training programs and performance improvement interventions for all levels of site team members including front line hourly production/manufacturing/warehouse and all other business units located on site.
- Ensures cGMP compliance through training effectiveness, validity, and proficiency assessments designed in partnership with the Quality Assurance and Operations business units.
- In collaboration with Operations, provide oversight and direction of Training Resources including but not limited to the day to day supervision of the Training/Learning and Development programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, Adult Learning, or other relevant field is required; Master's degree and Pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred. In lieu of a degree, consideration may be given to those who hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in training department management or senior level administration of organizational/talent development programs and projects, including both leadership and skills-based training/development programs.
- Prior experience working in a hands-on customer facing role supporting all levels of employee development (front line to executive leadership) in a high-performance manufacturing environment and/or in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of knowledge, abilities and skills assessment/evaluation, and adult learning principles and experience managing a training function within a highly regulated industry.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles and practices of training, learning, and talent development and management principles and practices.
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of education and training technologies, media, and resources.
- Working knowledge of cGMP training and compliance concepts and other compliance programs.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers from a wide range of cultural backgrounds to create and maintain a high focused/highly engaged and high performing environment.