This job is currently Archived,
Trainee trademark and design attorney - Netherlands
Posted on : 10 April 2017
What you will be doing
- As a member of the team you will collaborate on cases involving big clients right from the start.
- Our client portfolio is very diverse and consists of multinationals and large and medium-sized Dutch and Belgian companies with a worldwide portfolio.
- The focus is on a wide range of cases, from protecting a wastebasket design to registering the trade name of an international DJ.
- As a trainee, you have regular contact with clients, and you are expected to build your own client portfolio under supervision.
- It is your task to ensure that the rights granted, after they have been registered, remain protected.
- In the event of infringement, you advise the client on how to act. During the day, you work on opposition and infringement procedures for multiple clients.
- Consequently, it is essential that you can switch smoothly between various cases and that you can get to the essence of a file quickly.
During your training period, you will be under the intensive supervision of experienced trademark and design attorneys, you will gain profound practical experience, and you will take the Benelux Trademark and Design Attorney training. In two to three years, you will be an independent trademark and design attorney in a team.
Who you are
- A recently completed academic degree programme in Dutch Law, specialisation Intellectual Property Rights;
- Willingness to take the Benelux Trademark and Design Attorney training;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch, in speech and in writing;
- Commercial insight, highly developed analytical skills, good business sense, service-oriented, meticulous, ability to switch proactively and quickly between activities.
What we offer
- Our company offers excellent employment benefits, including attractive bonus and pension schemes, training opportunities, the possibility of broad personal development.
- You will start with a limited contract of one year with the opportunity of a permanent contract.
- We offer a full-time position (38.75 hours per week).
- Additionally, we expect you to work at our office at least once a week.
- At the office, we provide informal get-together, fruit, an extensive lunch buffet, and a chair massage during working hours.
- You will work in a close team with the nicest colleagues, good administrative support and an inspiring team leader.