Traffic Coordinator - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Our in-house agency has both design and production capabilities. The Traffic Coordinator requires excellent project management skills and supports the Client/Traffic Manager in the flow of projects through the creative process. The Traffic Coordinator is well versed in workflow steps involving creative development, execution, and production for print and electronic media.
- Support the Client/Traffic Manager in sustaining business with in-house clients through superior client service and project management.
- Responsible for quality control check and ensuring materials flow through the department resources in a timely manner.
- Support the Client/Traffic Manager to maintain strong working relationships with clients.
- Work collaboratively both within the creative department and with other departments, raising issues and possible solutions to client/traffic manager and department manager.
- Maintain a clear and reasonable understanding of ‘next steps’ and the ‘big picture’ during meetings, conversations or whenever the parameters of a project change.
- Partner with Client/Traffic Manager, Copywriters, and Graphic Designers in support of project objectives, timelines and workflow – ensuring concepts meet client expectations and are carried through to execution.
- Support the Client/Traffic Manager in monitoring the project initiation process, including proper documentation and briefings.
- Create and share timelines for project deliverable, proactively managing assigned projects with aggressive timelines across multiple business units.
- Effectively manage projects through use of in-house resources and processes.
- Schedule and participate in Creative Planning Sessions and in-house work sessions as needed on a per-project basis.
- Work closely with graphic designers and copywriters (when applicable) to implement graphic and copy corrections resulting from the review process - ensuring all deliverable are met.
- Track and route jobs for in-house client comments and approval.
- Ensure graphic designer preparation of files for final printing or reproduction in publications.
- Partner with creative team to quality check all projects - submitted vs. generated content, ensuring that requested content is reflected on proofs. As a function of quality control, QC proofs generated from Graphic Designers prior to routing to in-house client for review.
- Work with creative team to verify corporate branding and standards relating to logos, lock-ups, boilerplates, etc., to ensure accuracy.
Brand Standards/Quality Control
- As a brand steward, understand and promote use of brand assets and guidelines.
- Ensure brand integrity from concept through final production.
- Maintain project file archiving.
- Expedite department workflow and support Client Traffic Manager to monitor in-house production and creative team assignments for workload capacity.
- Identify work process improvements; raising issues to departmental management as appropriate and offering value-added solutions.
- 3+years of traffic coordination experience, in an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required.
- Effective communications skills required – interpersonal and the ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive and non-confrontational manner.
- Must have professional maturity, integrity, discipline, and a positive attitude while also working/thriving in a fast pace environment.
- Serve as an articulate and active participant in meetings ensuring discussions stay on track and lead to solution, decision, and/or next steps.
- Able to deliver instructions in a clear and concise manner; providing proper materials and documentation when necessary
- Grasps things quickly, is good at learning new industries and products.
- Strong project/time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Solid team player; a self-starter, and highly motivated
- Solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Limited travel
- Requirements listed in LMS for role.