Toolmaker/Machinist Assistant (Swing Shift) - United States
General Function €“ Run all types of secondary/auxiliary machining processes including, but not limited to, cutting tooling blanks from raw stock, de-burring, polishing, performing dimensional inspections. Associate must have ability to work from drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions. Prior experience operating CNC machining centers (running programs, tooling setups, tooling changes, etc.) preferred.
1. Work with various types of auxiliary machining equipment such as saws, grinders, polishers, inspection equipment, ect €¦
2. Work with machinists to cut blanks from raw material for upcoming jobs in order to complete W/Os (work orders) on schedule.
3. Evaluate W/Os for material availability and collaborate with machinists and the Machine Shop Coordinator. Ensure emergency W/Os receive top priority.
4. Manage personal time and resources to ensure W/O are completed on schedule. Work efficiently with limited supervision.
5. Complete team assignments to support work load requirements.
6. Ensure all equipment and area are properly cleaned and maintained per PM (preventive maintenance) and department 5S guidelines.
7. Have basic understanding of all types of blueprints and machine drawings (standard and metric).
8. Capable of using various precision measurement devices and techniques.
9. Work overtime as needed by the department. Work flexible hours as business needs require.
10. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, lean lite, KAS, etc.
11. Communicate in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner to all associates (i.e. peers, support teams and management) including escalating issues.
12. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
13. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Other duties as assigned.
GED or High School Diploma
2 years experience performing auxiliary machining processes in a machine shop environment
2 years experience operation CNC machinery (preferred)