Tooling Mold Maker Sandy United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
complicated blueprints. Work is checked against design with the use of precision measuring tools. Troubleshoot existing mold failures for root cause resolution.
Toolmaker with Grinding Experience:
1. Evaluate W/O s (work orders) for accuracy, tooling, material availability and processing requirements
2. Manage personal time and resources to ensure W/O are completed on schedule.
3. Ensure emergency W/O receive top priority.
4. Ensure that tools and materials are available for upcoming W/O s and communicate to lead.
5. Complete team assignments to support work load requirements.
6. Ensure all equipment and area are properly cleaned and maintained per PM, 5S guidelines, and safety.
7. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities through blitz participation (as required), making suggestions and otherwise improving processes, quality, and productivity.
8. Understand cad & cam systems, able to develop complex jigs, dies & fixtures to support production as well as prototypes for engineering needs. Works closely with Engineers to design and develop parts and prototypes.
9. Develop dies, jigs, and fixtures required to manufacture the parts, using mill, lathe, and grinder.
10. Read, interpret, and understand all types of blueprints and machine drawings (standard and metric).
11. Capable of using various precision measurement devices and techniques.
12. Understand and be able to navigate through SolidWorks, AutoCad, MasterCAM drawings and provide suggestions for modifications to these drawings.
13. If issued a company credit card, maintain all related records of any purchases and work to stay within department budgets.
14. Work overtime as needed by the department. Work flexible hours as business needs require.
15. Communicate in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner to all associates (i.e. peers, support teams and management) including escalating issues.
16. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
17. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
18. Other duties as assigned.
- Machining Certificate and high school diploma / GED
Find a Job Find Candidates