HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
The Simulation and Design team comprises specialist resources addressing the needs of complex simulation of structures, fluids and thermal behaviour as well as design support of our vehicle development projects, deploying industry-standard software as required by our customers in all areas of our work.
The successful candidate will assume a central engineering role in highly varied vehicle thermal management project activities. As part of our Fluids Engineering team they will be responsible for the conception, design and development of thermal systems whilst applying 1-D simulation techniques. They will conduct and oversee test development work at component, sub-system and whole-vehicle levels.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Typically 5 years in automotive thermal management
- Modelling and Simulation (1-D) using an industry-standard software, preferably GT-Suite
- Strong thermodynamics background
- Good knowledge of thermal management in passenger vehicles
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Vehicle climatic testing
- Thermal system testing
- Knowledge of Thermal Comfort and Climate Control
- Thermal Management of hybrid and electric vehicles
- Battery Thermal Management Systems
- Underbonnet Thermal Management
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Good understanding of the physics involved in HVAC and Powertrain cooling systems
- Solid report-writing skills
Desirable skills for this role would include:
- 3-D Thermal simulation
Essential qualifications for this role would include:
- Good first degree in an appropriate subject, most probably Mechanical Engineering or Thermal Engineering
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- Chartered Engineer and membership of an appropriate institution.
- MEng, MSc or PhD
At present the successful candidate may be undertaking a similar role at an OEM, Tier-One or engineering consultancy.