- Our company is a pet therapeutics company focused on the licensing, development and commercialization of innovative therapeutics for dogs and cats , is a fast- growing company headquartered in the greater Kansas City area.
- Our company intends to become a leader in pet therapeutics by developing, manufacturing and marketing therapeutics that address unmet or undeserved medical needs of pets.
- The company approach to pet therapeutics is built around bringing the best in scientific advance es from human science to veterinary medicine.
- In 2016, we have received FDA approval for three innovative therapeutics:
- A prostaglandin receptor antagonist that specifically targets the EP4 receptor to target osteoarthritis pain and inflammation in do gs
- A selective ghrelin receptor agonist that mimics ghrelin, the naturally -occurring “hunger hormone,” to stimulate appetite in dogs
- A long -acting, local anesthetic that provides up to 72 hours post- operative pain relief following cranial cruciate ligament surgery in dogs
- Our company is currently making two of our FDA -approved therapeutics commercially available to veterinarians .
- In addition, our company is working on a broad portfolio of other therapeutic candidates and continues to seek in- licensing opportunities.
- Following our FDA approvals, our company has established sales , veterinary medical liaison and pharmacovigilance teams .
- During the coming years, our company anticipates continuing to expand its commercial activities.
Responsibilities and duties will be varied and will include:
- Achieve sales objectives by effectively communicating the value and the appropriate use of our portfolio of therapeutic products
- Build and maintain productive, professional relationships across the customer base to establish company’s reputation as an innovator of pet therapeutics
- Facilitate the engagement of subject matter experts such as company Veterinary
Medical Liaisons and veterinary Key Opinion Leaders
- Demonstrate verbal fluency of relevant disease states, therapeutic options and veterinary practice expertise utilizing the company sales model
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with co -promotion partners and distributors
- Engage customers within promotional policies while maximizing the ROI of your customer focus budget
- Execute at a high level on corporate strategies and tactics and keep all CRM data real -time
Skills required :
- Undergraduate degree, BA/BS preferred
- Associates degree, in veterinary technology (RVT, CVT, LVT) with surgical experience is a plus
- Animal health sales experience required
- Specialty medical experience a plus (internal medicine, pain, oncology, surgery, dermatology)
- Successful biopharmaceutical product launch experience strongly preferred
- Ideal cand idate will be able to highlight sustained prior sales success
- Ability to rapidly develop trust demonstrating integrity and transparency
- Successful candidate will possess the unique blend of high level emotional/social intellect combined with perseverance and determination
- Creative thinker who is capable of execution g complex strategies is essential
- A professional presence demonstrating excellent oral, written and presentation skills is critical
- Ability to flourish in a small, but rapidly growing company environment required
- Compensation will be determined based on industry benchmarks and individualized to the candidate and will include e base salary and participation in the variable sales incentive compensation program.
Full benefits package provided.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.