Therapeutic Development Specialist, I&I British Columbia Territory - United States
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Therapeutic Development Specialist is responsible for achieving all territory sales goals through the promotion, sale and support of company products or services in British Columbia.
Preference will be given to candidates residing in the Greater Vancouver Area or lower mainland.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promotion and sales of company products within a defined territory or region.
- One-to-one communications with physicians and other health care professionals in support of approved indications.
- Provide education and assistance in the appropriate usage of company products.
- Territory analysis of past and present sales trends and costs.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive business plan for territory.
- Organizing promotional speakers’ programs in territory in partnership with RMLs and outside vendors.
- Provide customer support in the implementation and management of Celgene drug safety initiatives.
- Territory financial management and reporting.
- Proven pharmaceutical sales track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science; 5+ years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Ability to develop and effectively manage new and existing customer relationships. Existing relationships with Rheumatolology and/or Dermatology clients (physicians, nurses) would be advantageous.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and communicate technical clinical material clearly and effectively.
- Demonstrates understanding of specialty care and/or biopharmaceutical products and market. Experience in the Rheumatology and/or Dermatology therapeutic area would be an asset.
- Has a passion for specialty care and understands the importance of the patient.
- Drive to succeed and ability to adapt rapidly to an evolving and challenging entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of local healthcare system processes including reimbursement.
- Has the know how to plan and execute effective and successful CME activities.
- Possesses a strong work ethic, ability to set priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Demonstrates innovation and the ability to integrate innovative concepts from others into local plans.
- Works with all members of the team appropriately in order to accomplish corporate and individual objectives.
• Directly Reports to Regional Sales Manager.