- The Therapeutic Area Lead (TAL) plans and forecasts sales for designated brand(s).
- Collaborates with all related stakeholders externally and internally to search for new targets through systematic assessment of market trends, unmet customer needs and competitive activity. TAL role is a critical business function focusing on maximizing business value within the Therapeutic Area.
- TAL is the voice of the customer inside the business and needs to be passionate about the user experience and the value it creates for tis user.
- Key in this role is understanding the market through getting deep insights and creating strategies that work with a flawless execution.
Main areas of responsibility / expected results/objectives of the role:
- Develops new concepts and approaches for professional and consumer advertising and promotional plans
- Performs highly advanced sales and competitive analysis on full scope products
- Monitors implementation of brand strategy and makes adjustments as needed.
- Analyzes key performance indicators and financial reports such as budget, commercial policy, price, net sales, and investment level, and suggests improvements.
- Oversees extensive market research and test market activities.
- Defines product criteria and characteristics.
- Lead in establishing partnerships with medical societies, opinion leaders, consumers, patients, clients and other enterprises.
- Considered expert in field within the organization.
- Develops strategy for uncovering market opportunities by establishing priorities and recommending a process for obtaining intelligence information.
- Determines criteria used in screening new and existing product ideas.
- Evaluates and implements improvements for expediting new and existing products and programs.
- Leads in building inroads with key customer relationships and partnerships for market development and enhanced competitive market share.
- Deliver needs related to tendering (close collaboration with Tender Manager)
- Translate the WW/EMEA strategy to a local strategy
- Act as an entrepreneur; turn strategies into actionable plans and flawless execution
- Set the benchmark in EMEA for obesity and within thoracic surgery
Main leadership commitments involved in the role:
- Invest in understanding the needs the team’s internal and external partners
- Keep close collaboration with Sales Manager’s to align business needs
- Has dotted lines with Product Specialists and connect with them on regulatory base
- Develop relationships with customers or company employees who interact with them regularly
- Review externally available information, like annual reports, industry analysts' commentary, or product testimonials to understand competitive advantages and opportunities
- Gather feedback & insights from patients, customers, internal or external partners. Identify actionable insights to enhance results.
- Find ways to challenge the status quo and how things have always been done; bring new ideas or innovations to bear on existing efforts
- Build learning agility by experimenting with new approaches that can lead to breakthrough results.
- Build an environment supportive of diverse and inclusive thinking and perspectives
- Develop your communication and influence skills to become a high-impact presenter; seek feedback on your skills in this area
- Try new operational practices that have been successful elsewhere in the company
- Build & reinforce a sense of urgency on key projects; help others understand the criticality of these efforts
- Master's or Bachelor's degree of Science or Economics
- Minimum 5 years sales and product management experience in Medical Devices
- Shows can do mentality and team player attitude
- Ability to work independently with high responsibility
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing both English, Dutch and French
- Computer skills in MS Office
- Proven ability to manage complexity & thrives in uncertain/ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate across a diverse group of business stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong passion and track record for innovation & will to make things happen & deliver
- Driven by results performance & excellence in the job
- Demonstrated business success in delivering growth and gaining share
- Strongly involved in strategic and tactical work on a daily basis requiring being able to quickly zoom in and out
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership
- Self- awareness and adaptability
- Knowledge of the current market healthcare landscape
- Experience working for a large multi-national company
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future