This job is currently Archived,
Textile development engineer - China
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is currently recruiting a fabric development engineer for the Industrial BioSciences-Biomaterials Platform.
- The business within IB-Biomaterials is currently providing a number of products and establishing applications using the PTT polymer.
- The technical team is engaged in direct customer interactions, technical service/problem solving, applications development and new product development.
- There is a new opportunity in the technical organization at the China Technical Center, China primarily aimed at apparel/textile applications.
- This position requires a person with in-depth understanding of textile material and broad experience on textile processes including fabric weaving/knitting, dyeing and finishing as well as garment making.
- Technical work will be focused on solving fabric customer problems, initiating and facilitating fabric mills to develop various fabric applications with fibers, bridging and integrating players along the value chain, and developing new technology capabilities that will serve global customers.
- The candidate should be able to work with the regional and global technical team as well as cross functional team, e.g. marketing, sales, etc.
- Specifically, this individual will be involved in technical service to downstream fabric makers to apply fibers properly for different applications by using internal and external resources, and in working at the customers’ facilities to develop process and product capabilities.
- The successful incumbent will come to the position having knowledge and experience in fabric making and it is expected that they will advance their knowledge further by learning from experienced technical personnel on how to successfully apply fibers for various fabric constructions. In this way, we can assist our customers to be able to create products using fibers within their systems and equipment.
- The individual in this position will be one of the key members in the Asia Pacific region and will also work with the business team to strengthen the relationship with different partners in the textile value chain, including fiber spinners, fabric makers, garment makers and brand houses.
- The individual should have experience in direct customer interactions and the ability to work with customers to resolve issues or establish new capability related to fibers. Regular travel to various customer and partner sites is expected.
- The successful candidate will also have the in-depth understanding of the textile material and can apply the scientific method to solve problems both in the lab and on customer mill sites.
- A BS or MS degree or the educational equivalent in an engineering field.
- At least 5 years of Industrial experience. (preferred)
- Knowledge of various fiber types and in depth experience on fabric development.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills in English as well as local language
- Experienced with effectively interfacing with customers in both a one-on-one setting as well as presentations to larger groups.
- Ability to be effective in a growing, dynamic, and changing business environment.
Additional Skills Sought:
- Knowledge of fabric making especially with PET, nylon and cotton.
- Knowledge of fabric characterization.
- Understanding of general process of fiber making.