Test Manager – Software Engineer in Test Automation (m/f) - Germany
We are making a difference with innovative technology in healthcare.
Definiens is an expanding multi-national software company based in Munich, Germany, with offices in the United States. We develop cutting-edge automated image and data analysis solutions for the development of tissue-based diagnostics. Definiens products are built on our unique Cognition Network Technology platform, which represents a quantum leap in digital image analysis.
Our pioneering spirit drives us forward in our quest to improve life by advancing pharma research and healthcare. Do you want to be part of this quest? Be part of an innovative software and research company that implements cloud-based Cognition Network Technology® to help treatment of patients with cancer through personalized healthcare.
Help us to ensure highest quality within the continuous integration procedure in the responsible role
Test Manager – Software Engineer in Test Automation (m/f)
as part of an agile organisation with skilled and highly motivated team members in Munich.
- Development of automated tests in Python to ensure quality by design (QbD)
- Develop and extend the automation test framework using Selenium
- Focus on design and development of manual and automated tests for web applications, desktop and server software
- Keep effective records of quality assurance plans and work within our ISO 9001 quality management system, and for medical products
- Create and implement ideas for continuous improvement of quality standards
- Develop and monitor quality metrics for software components, create and implement ideas for improvement of quality standards
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar qualification
- Minimum 3 years work experience in software quality assurance or software development, dealing with sophisticated and technically focused client server products
- Advanced software development skills in at least one scripting language, preferably Python
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, e.g. network communication, performance measurements, troubleshooting
- High level of self motivation and a good attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Team player
- GUI test automation knowledge
- Good knowledge of database technologies (e.g. SQL, noSQL, big data technologies)
- Prior experience working as a software developer
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems
- Experience in agile methodology and Scrum
- Knowledge in biomedical image analysis and/or data mining
- A challenging and rewarding position as integral part of our development team working with cutting-edge technologies
- The opportunity to work within a highly motivated and qualified team of experts with a proven track record to hit goals
- A stimulating cosmopolitan working environment in Munich
- Excellent working culture with a competitive salary and ongoing career and professional development