Location: (Shelburne, Vermont)
Reports To: (Senior Project Manager)
Employment Type: (Regular Full-Time)
Role Summary / Purpose:
We are looking for a Test Engineer to join our growing team of professionals at the Northern Digital Incorporated (NDI) office – one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont 2017 located in Shelburne, Vermont.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a cross-functional R&D team, providing test expertise and support to ensure successful delivery of R&D projects in the medical application and commercial augmented/virtual reality space. They will have responsibility for the planning and execution of design verification activities, including verifying the performance of prototype configurations and released products, and will identify and drive technical issues to resolution.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Execute test plans to verify the performance of sub-components and systems, including firmware, hardware and application software.
- Record test results in accordance with the verification and traceability requirements of NDI product development processes, including the generation of internal and external final reports.
- Manage product defects and technical issues by driving them to resolution with the appropriate R&D technical function.
- Assist in the development of tools (software and hardware) to support design verification activities.
- Support product validation activities, including support of test efforts at customer facilities.
- Research new technologies implemented in NDI products to ensure complete design verification test plan coverage.
- Participate, as applicable, in product design reviews throughout the product development life cycle.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- This role has accountability for ensuring projects are executed in accordance with the verification and traceability requirements incorporated in ISO 9001 and outlined in NDI product development processes.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Characteristics / Additional Assets:
- 2+ years of recent experience in product development and test.
- Demonstrated experience and capabilities in the following areas:
- Test plan and procedure development based on product requirements and specifications.
- Recording of design verification test results to ensure traceability.
- Experience in electronics and software development.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with medical device standards for quality systems and product development.
- Experience with test systems for high-speed data acquisition systems.