E.I. du Pont Canada Company and Dow AgroSciences, two major Canadian companies and leading manufacturers of crop protection and seed products, have recently merged, and are currently recruiting for a Territory Manager for the Edmonton East region of Alberta.
Under the leadership of the Alberta District Sales Manager, the Territory Manager is to take accountability of the sales plan for the Edmonton East Region and to optimize sales volume and market share of Dow and DuPont Crop Protection Products (herbicides, insecticides, nitrogen stabilizers, fungicides, and seed sales).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Increasing Dow and DuPont Crop Protection sales and market share in the defined territory and market.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with retailers and distributors to promote the use of Dow and DuPont Crop Protection products
- Driving demand by providing agronomic solutions to the end users.
- Developing, and executing account plans as part of an overall territory plan which supports the objectives of the overall business plan.
- Achieve a Crop Year Territory Sales Forecast for Dow and DuPont Crop Protection products.
- Increase willingness-to-recommend and achieve sales forecast with focus retails.
- Build relationships with key farmers, achieving 100% product awareness while increasing overall satisfaction/loyalty.
- Increase willingness-to-recommend with key wholesale and regional contacts resulting in increased organizational support
- Participate within your team to enhance collaboration across the Alberta district.
ABILITY TO DEVELOP THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
- Business Strategy: Understands Dow and DuPont Crop Protection' business strategies including competencies, capabilities and customer loyalty attributes, as well as consumer driven market focus.
- Teamwork: Contributes to effective team output by cooperation, participation and a commitment to shared vision and goals.
- Knowledge and application of businesses, product mix and organizational capabilities.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Values people; relates and communicates well with others; builds appropriate rapport; listens, understands and responds to others' concerns; builds effective relationships.
DuPont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPont is an e-Verify Employer
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Disciplines in Agriculture, Business/Management, or a Science program is preferred.
- Relevant work experience or a strong background in agriculture is preferred.
- A valid Canadian driver's license with a responsible driving history is required. The role requires extensive daily travel within a sales territory.
- Alignment with the company culture and core values of Dow and DuPont
- This role is based in Alberta
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.