Territory Business Manager – Oklahoma and Arkansas - United States
At Intercept, we are working to become a trusted partner for clinicians, payors, policy makers, community representatives and the broader scientific community in underserved, chronic liver disease. We are looking for authentic and experienced Territory Business Managers, who share our passion for liver disease, to lead our effort to become a global leader in improving liver disease. We expect all prospective employees to steadfastly hold our company’s core values of INTEGRITY, EXCELLENCE, COLLABORATION, INNOVATION & PASSION to the highest standards.
The Territory Business Manager is responsible for supporting our stakeholders in improving patient outcomes in the diseases where we provide innovative medicines, by ensuring understanding of the data and appropriate usage, and accelerating patient access. They will be accountable for ensuring that we understand the key stakeholders who care for and support patients and that their voice is heard throughout the company. They will have a key role in developing and executing our territory strategy; strategically working internally in a matrix organization with cross functional leadership; accurately analyzing key business drivers and trend; and ensuring execution of the business plan for both internal and external customer stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also be able to interact significantly with other functional and geographical teams across the company. It is critical that this person is committed to building effective cross-functional and cross-regional partnerships.
The position requires adaptability and the capacity to ‘own’ tasks, problem solve and to see projects through to their end in a flexible and innovative manner.
This role will demand an ability to work strategically and operationally in equal measures and the right person will thrive in ambiguity and possess an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. There’s a lot to do – so high energy levels and a sense of humor will be required.
• Responsible for achievement of corporate goals in given territory in providing appropriate product and patient access information to appropriate healthcare providers.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Intercept’s product, patient and HCP issues, the business strategy and competitive environment and stays abreast of key market access issues/trends important for educating customers.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Intercept’s Patient Access Program & Distribution Models.
• Supports KOL advocacy and executes company sponsored speaker program plan.
• Uses networks and relationships to enhance partnerships by creating opportunities for direct contact between key customers and home office staff.
• Leverages technology best practices, shares technology solutions with others, and uses communication technology to increase efficiency and productivity of territory.
• Communicate frequently with other TBMs across the country and cross functional counterparts such as marketing, sales ops, market access, training, and medical to create alignment of POA plan, focus on strategic drivers, and sharing best practices.
• Acts with an understanding of the healthcare environmental pressures that customers face and seeks decisions that benefit both parties.
• Focuses on goal achievement, demonstrating personal accountability and a commitment to achieving the objectives of the business within appropriate corporate compliance regulations.
• Develops direct relationships with key care providers and patient advocacy groups throughout territory.
• Ensures continuing development of competencies and seeks career growth opportunity where appropriate.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Specialty product sales experience required.
• Proven success in hepatology sales role and or orphan disease experience for minimum of 3 years preferred.
• Direct experience in informing HCPs on Patient Access Programs and Patient Services strongly preferred.
• Business skills to assess and determine investment levels and be accountable for driving territory results in Primary Biliary Cholangitis (PBC).
• Experience in other commercial leadership roles such as Sales Training, Marketing, or Sales Operations preferred.
• Demonstrated experience achieving compliance of sales and marketing strategies and corporate plan.
• Outstanding customer relationship, interpersonal, and communication skills with the established ability to effectively work with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
• Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyze data to determine trends and effectively manage the territory budget.
• Advanced level of proficiency with CRM, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
• Fundamental knowledge of incentive compensation plans.
• Excellent presentation skills are required.