- The Tender Specialist supports the Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management Program (GHSC-PSM).
- GHSC-PSM is a 5-year multi-billion dollar United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded program.
- It is the primary vehicle through which USAID will:
- procure and provide health commodities to partner countries,
- provide assistance to improve countries’ management of the supply chains for such commodities and
- collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
- To support global health initiatives in HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, and reproductive health, the project has three primary objectives:
- Global commodity procurement and logistics;
- Systems strengthening to support in-country supply chain management, and
- Collaboration via strategic engagement to improve long-term global supply of health commodities.
- In this program our company is the partner who is responsible for the procurement of HIV/AIDS commodities.
- The Programme is dynamic and complex. Compliance with the USAID procurement guidelines is of the highest importance.
In your role as a Tender Specialist, you are part of the Sourcing team, you report directly to the Sourcing Supervisor and are the key point of contact for manufacturers regarding the bidding and contracting processes. You ensure contract compliance for procurement and supplier contracts.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Organizing Source Selection Evaluation Board (SSEB) for each sourcing project.
- Creating RFXs (RFIs, RFPs, RFQs) leveraging standardized evaluation criteria to gather requirements, determine evaluation criteria weighting, and develop technical questions.
- Obtaining pre-RFX and pre-award approval from key stakeholders.
- Conducting eRFX (RFI, RFP, RFQ) events using ARTMIS e-sourcing platform.
- Monitoring the tender submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance.
- Evaluating RFX responses leveraging standardized scoring methodologies.
- Making supplier award recommendations to SSEB.
- Drawing up negotiation memo’s and obtaining approval via Legal.
- Assisting in the management of data related to the tendering process.
- Liaising with Fufillment Specialists, Procurement/Market Analysts, and Client Relations Specialists to provide contractual and compliance advice.
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of contracts, including monitoring all related liabilities and third party contracts.
- Staying abreast of and communicates any changes in contractual requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement in an international environment related to HIV/AIDS
- Solid understanding of USAID and other Federal Acquisition Rules
- Experience in contract management, understanding of contractual terms and conditions and/or bidding process in public health are preferred
- Experience in working with LMIC (low- and middle-income countries)
Skills & Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand the dynamics between the different stakeholders and grasping the complex background of the Program when communicating.
- Highly organized, able to independently prioritize own work.
- Able to process large amounts of data and documentation according to rules and regulations.
- Customer oriented and result driven
- Eye for detail, accuracy
- Perseverance and resilience
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English