Temporary Sales Ledger Clerk/Credit Controller - United Kingdom
Purpose of the Job:
- To maximize cash inflow by prompt and professional collection of accounts due, in order to reduce debt, increase cash flow and reduce risk.
- To provide a helpful and friendly service to all our customers and carry on the customer care policy through all processes.
Main Duties/Responsibilities and Knowledge/Skills Requirements
- Chasing debt by telephone and e-mail and reducing debtor days
- Allocating payments in accordance with customer remittances
- Processing reminder letters and monthly statements
- Liaising with Key Accounts, Sales and Customer Care departments to resolve outstanding queries
- Ensuring all major accounts adhere to agreed order to cash cycle
- Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliation
- Investigating and resolving queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Working to strict monthly collections targets
- Other duties as and when required
Knowledge and Understanding Required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision or similar accounting package
- Competent with Microsoft desktop packages to include Outlook, Word and with good Excel skills
- You will have 2-3 years previous experience of working in an accounts department with exposure to credit control
- Part qualified ICM or AAT qualification would be an advantage but not essential
- The position would suit an individual who is driven by results and is target driven.
- A polite but tenacious telephone manner is essential
- Strong team working ethos and the ability to be pro-active and use initiative to work alone when required
- Ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
Post-Holder Specific This Post Holder has some duties and responsibilities in addition to those outlined above.
Responsibility for Williams ‘Key’ accounts
- Proven objection, negotiation and complaint handling, where attention to detail is paramount
- Actively engaging / liaising with the Key Account Team, Corporate Development Managers and the Director of Sales to achieve targets.
Responsibility for Merlin Medical Ledger
- Ability to process foreign payments
- Experience of Trade Customers would be an advantage but not essential