Temporary Research Associate - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are seeking a Temporary Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases. The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of therapies for hematological diseases.
- The successful candidates will have significant experience executing experiments in hematology.
- The candidate should be well-trained in the in vivo analysis of the hematopoietic or immune system and will bring expertise in mouse experimentation.
- Basic cell and molecular biology skills are desirable.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Planning and hand-on execution of in vivo hematology experiments using mice, as well as proof of mechanism, and proof of concept studies
- Planning and hand-on execution of ex vivo and in vitro assays for downstream molecular biology and biochemistry analysis
- Gather, analyze and present experimental data under the direction of the Research Scientist
- Maintain laboratory and animal facility equipment and rooms, as required
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 2+ years of relevant research experience
- Extensive experience in rodent handling, cell/drug delivery routes (IV, IP, SC. IM, Oral)
- Extensive experience in mouse tissue dissection/collection and processing, particularly of hemato-lymphoid organs (bone marrow, spleen, blood)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results oriented research team; highly organized with significant attention to detail
- Extensive experience executing bone marrow transplantation experiments in mice utilizing human grafts
- Experience manipulating primary human hematopoietic cells
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Experience with FACS, ELISA, IHC/IF
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data.
- Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation - Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Leadership – The ability to take the role as a leader of a team or work group
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context. Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.