This job is currently Archived,
Temporary Cagewash Technician - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 21 April 2017
- Cleans and sanitizes animal caging and accessory equipment and maintains the cage washing area in a clean, neat and well-organized manner following approved quality assurance standards.
- Disposes of waste from the facility following appropriate SOP’s.
- Maintains and performs routine repairs on caging and racks.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on the cage washers and autoclave
- Understands and follows all approved SOP’s and Quality Assurance Standards for cage sanitation.
- Prepares and submits written records, charts, logs and inventories as required by the facility Supervisor.
- Removes trash, sweeps, mops, and provides general cleaning and sanitization of all areas, including animal rooms, floors, corridors, stairwells, surgery and procedure rooms.
- Transports equipment and supplies between rooms
- May occasionally provide assistance to ACTs in completing husbandry duties in times of staffing need to ensure animal welfare.
- Adheres to all established safety procedures.
- Maintains required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Previous experience with housekeeping/sanitization duties and equipment; experience with cagewash equipment and other large machinery; experience with the safe handling of chemicals, detergents, and disinfectants; and previous experience performing receiving technician duties.
- Certification/Licensure: None
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet