Technology Services Senior Solution Manager - United States
PerkinElmer has achieved a global market leading position with its OneSource Laboratory Services business offering a wide portfolio of service practices. We are building the OneSource technology services portfolio and need solution management to help accelerate the PerkinElmer OneSource digitization initiative around some of the high growth potential business areas such as asset utilization, equipment & lab remote monitoring, remote service, and operational analytics.
The Solution Management role reports to the OneSource Director of Global Technology Solutions and will be responsible for defining strategies, requirements, priorities and business plans to ensure the success of the assigned technology solution portfolio. You will own solution plans and priorities, actively work with customers to document and prioritize critical solution gaps, and have overall accountability for the success of defined PerkinElmer Solutions. This is a leadership position that is involved in strategic decision-making that has a significant impact on the success of the overall function/technical area. We are looking for a high energy individual to help determine what we build and maximize the worldwide commercial success and competitiveness by executing effective Go-To-Market strategies.
Definition and Enablement
- Understand global buyer landscape; Articulate and prioritize personas and their problems so that the appropriate solutions can be built.
- Develop user personas that define the archetypical users of your solutions and services.
- Support the positioning of the solution according to its ability to solve market problems. Approve internal positioning documents that will be used to develop external messages focused on each key buyer or person.
- Understand accounts/prospects by region and industry
- Illustrate market problems in a "story" that puts the problem in context.
- Collaborate on the development of a marketing plan.
- Collaborate with Solution Marketing on standard product presentations and advise on demo scripts that can be used by the sales team.
- Consult with Marketing on the creation and delivery of assets to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, and research analysts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define specific plans and budgets for ensuring success.
- Develop a robust market-based Positioning, Business & Strategic Plan for the product’s success through concrete and executable plans for each of the 4Ps of marketing:
- Pricing (guidelines that enable the long-term success of “on premise” and cloud/SaaS products)
- Promotions (content marketing, marketing mix, messaging, press releases)
- Place (determination of direct, value-added reseller and digital marketing channels)
- Product (long-term product roadmap investments and gaps to success)
Customer Engagement & Support
- Deliver solution information to qualified buyers in support of existing sales efforts.
- Work very closely and support the OneSource Sales Team, OneSource Customer Success leaders, and PerkinElmer Global Account Managers to identify, develop, and close on sales opportunities.
- Identify, help prioritize and monitor customer driven enhancement requests, and guide sales campaigns toward Out-of-the-Box solutions.
- Develop customer value analysis and ROI tools as appropriate.
- Represent PerkinElmer in Technical Committees, conferences, and seminars at level of business process and value.
- Participate in analyst calls and contribute to white papers that articulate PerkinElmer OneSource perspective on specific solution areas.
- Align with corporate strategy to map needs with target markets.
- Identify new market opportunities by understanding industry trends and leading voice of the customer feedback initiatives.
- Propose investments based on objective analysis of potential market opportunities.
- Understand competitive and alternative offerings in the market and their strengths and weaknesses. Develop a strategy for winning against the competition.
- Determine the most effective way to deliver a complete solution to an identified market problem. Analyze whether to buy, build, or partner.
- Develop a solution business plan with defined success metrics and participate in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ Years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Sciences or Business Management
- MBA is a plus
- Familiarity with science based companies analytical laboratories and analytical systems with a focus on Life Sciences
- Working knowledge of equipment service provider operations, domain, metrics, and value added use cases.
- Knowledge of latest trends in technology, including the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) landscape, advances, use cases, competitors, and business models.
- Excellent strategic vision and ability to translate vision to strategic actions
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and visualization skills; can easily create powerful visualizations that can be commercialized
- Self-starter who is able to work effectively without excessive supervision
- Extremely proactive mindset; can anticipate questions, lead growth conversations
- Collaborate with business team and global commercial leaders to define and position new technology services. Build appropriate commercial training tools.
- Ability to work seamlessly with many different teams and personality types
Bias for Action, Poised to Manage Change
- Action-orientated - enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Deliver results - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very performance orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Equipped for change management- direct experience implementing new capabilities, processes, and teams within existing organizations; understanding how to manage internally (training, messaging) and how to execute around new capabilities externally to new and existing customers
- Builds voice of the customer feedback into all strategies and plans.
Composure & Interpersonal Savvy
- Builds voice of the customer feedback into all strategies and plans.
- Patience – tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up for acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Command skills - takes unpopular stands if necessary, encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- < >Managerial courage - doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current; direct, complete and actionable feedback to others
Vision and Purpose
- Looking ahead – ability to look at the big picture and plan ahead.
- Vision – communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; takes things beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate others; able to clearly define vision and translate it across audiences (field team, key cross-BU stakeholders)
PerkinElmer is an equal opportunity employer. Some of the benefits that this opportunity offers include:
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan / Smart Phone / Laptop computer / ongoing training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.