Technology Development Leader - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
- New BD state of the art injection molding facility starting up in Columbus, NE to manufacture medical devices. BD has a number of injection molding sites located worldwide. This site will be the Center of Excellence of injection molding for one of the largest injection molding companies in the world. Factory of the future technologies employed at the Center of Excellence will include all electric injection molding presses, automatic resin handling systems, in-mold sensor technology, robotic part removal, automated component handling and inspection and automated mold changes. This is an opportunity for highly motivated, forward thinking, self-starters to join this world class organization.
- Technology leadership for the development and delivery of key technologies needed for center of excellence molding process and product solutions
- Benchmarking performance of competitive systems and alternative technologies
- Lead technical customer interactions in collaboration with commercial counterparts
- Provide needed technical expertise on molding products and technology solutions
- Understand customer requirements and translating these requirements to product specifications and performance attributes
- Supporting customer requested product testing and product trouble-shooting
- Transfer of new products and processes to engineering/manufacturing and receiving new technologies from research
- Metrology systems and procedures to quantify product-relevant performance
- Overall technical program management of multiple, parallel development work-streams and multi-discipline technical teams with budget and resource responsibility
- Development of state of the art technology training program scalable to global molding workforce.
- Provide technical molding advice for plant cost savings measures including development of new molding concepts for higher efficiencies.
- Provide molding expertise to new product development group to take product from concept to full scale production.
- Responsible for management of technology center
Leadership and execution of technology development programs and projects Hands-on technical work as necessary in support of development programs and projects Customer interactions with commercial counterparts Required interactions with research, development and engineering Budget/spending management Other duties as assigned
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This position has the following educational requirements:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred field of study: Engineering or Plastics
Required: 10 plus years of injection molding experience including prototype execution