This job is currently Archived,
Technology & Engineering Director - Singen, Germany - Germany
Posted on : 19 September 2017
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Budget responsibility for technical organization and for CAPEX site master plan. Manage the departmental budget and controlling expenses effectively. Manage service and maintenance for the entire site and strive for improvements (annual repair budget approx.5 m€).
- Further develop plant maintenance (SAP PM) to highest level, and continuous process improvement for constant productivity increase.
- Safety first: drive safety culture and ensure adherence to relevant safety standards in daily operations and lifecycle of CAPEX projects
- Effectively hire, train, develop, and appraise staff, talent development. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy. Consult with HR as appropriate.
- Propose and define the Work Methodology for Process and Plant Engineering activities
- Leadership of approx. 45 employees with various qualifications: engineers, technicians, IT specialists, technical clerks, skilled workers mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, management utilities as well as machine shop and electric workshop
- Set Goals and Priorities for improving the skills and overall Process and Plant Engineering capabilities of the Business Unit, based on actual and future needs.
- Build up strategic partnerships with dedicated machine and technology suppliers in cooperation with procurement
- Manage all business automation systems on site
- Support and technical supervision of global product transfer projects till hand over to production, including all necessary construction and procurement actions for the required equipment
- Set Goals and Priorities for all Proposals and Projects.
- Responsibility for all qualification measures for buildings as well as technical equipment, including energy and utilities supply, process units in production and packaging areas as well as storage technology
- Lead large-scale CAPEX projects and coordinate all investments on site ensuring proper work-off
- Coordination and supervision of external companies for all construction and installation activities, including instruction on corporate work and safety regulations as well as GMP guidelines and internal SOP guidelines
- Compliance with local and global quality assurance system
- Maintaining of technical life-cycle-documentation for the site Singen, including qualification, calibration and maintenance documentation in order to support recurring GMP audits
- Evaluate and implement future oriented technologies (Industry 4.0, digital factory) to support overall site strategy.
- Drive constantly energy saving initiatives
- Contribute to site management team, but also to global engineering; support global initiatives
- Challenge always given situation and strive for best-in-class site from technology point of view.
Education, Behaviours, Competencies & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering, process engineering or equivalent
- Relevant and profound experience and breath of understanding in multiple engineering disciplines of the pharmaceutical industry or comparable industrial sector
- Effective and engaging leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Acknowledged competence in planning and implementation of major projects in the field of construction and pharmaceutical engineering
- Leadership skills in project management and implementation of new process-, machine- and facility technologies
- Effective computer skills; MS Office, MS Project and other Company and discipline specific software applications and basic knowledge of CAD and SAP applications
- Verifiable IT competence in the field of machine and system control with basic knowledge of modern programming techniques and usage of modern hardware components
- Expandable knowledge of facility sector TGA (especially ventilation and energy and utilities supply)
- Several years of leadership experience in comparable position
- Commitment, agility, leadership competence, flexibility as well as independent and team-oriented working practices, also on international level
- Willingness to face changes and creativity to help form and realise them in a goal-oriented way
- Distinct skills in communication and cooperation as well as work experience in an interdisciplinary field of responsibilities
- Business fluent in written and spoken German and English / Ideally German as mother-tongue
- Willingness and capability for frequent travelling