Technology & Engineering Director - Singen, Germany - Germany
- Further develop plant maintenance (SAP PM) to highest level, and continuous process improvement for constant productivity increase.
- Safety first: drive safety culture and ensure adherence to relevant safety standards in daily operations and lifecycle of CAPEX projects
- Effectively hire, train, develop, and appraise staff, talent development. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy. Consult with HR as appropriate.
- Propose and define the Work Methodology for Process and Plant Engineering activities
- Leadership of approx. 45 employees with various qualifications: engineers, technicians, IT specialists, technical clerks, skilled workers mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, management utilities as well as machine shop and electric workshop
- Set Goals and Priorities for improving the skills and overall Process and Plant Engineering capabilities of the Business Unit, based on actual and future needs.
- Build up strategic partnerships with dedicated machine and technology suppliers in cooperation with procurement
- Manage all business automation systems on site
- Support and technical supervision of global product transfer projects till hand over to production, including all necessary construction and procurement actions for the required equipment
- Set Goals and Priorities for all Proposals and Projects.
- Responsibility for all qualification measures for buildings as well as technical equipment, including energy and utilities supply, process units in production and packaging areas as well as storage technology
- Lead large-scale CAPEX projects and coordinate all investments on site ensuring proper work-off
- Coordination and supervision of external companies for all construction and installation activities, including instruction on corporate work and safety regulations as well as GMP guidelines and internal SOP guidelines
- Compliance with local and global quality assurance system
- Maintaining of technical life-cycle-documentation for the site Singen, including qualification, calibration and maintenance documentation in order to support recurring GMP audits
- Evaluate and implement future oriented technologies (Industry 4.0, digital factory) to support overall site strategy.
- Drive constantly energy saving initiatives
- Contribute to site management team, but also to global engineering; support global initiatives
- Challenge always given situation and strive for best-in-class site from technology point of view.
Education, Behaviours, Competencies & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering, process engineering or equivalent
- Relevant and profound experience and breath of understanding in multiple engineering disciplines of the pharmaceutical industry or comparable industrial sector
- Effective and engaging leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Acknowledged competence in planning and implementation of major projects in the field of construction and pharmaceutical engineering
- Leadership skills in project management and implementation of new process-, machine- and facility technologies
- Effective computer skills; MS Office, MS Project and other Company and discipline specific software applications and basic knowledge of CAD and SAP applications
- Verifiable IT competence in the field of machine and system control with basic knowledge of modern programming techniques and usage of modern hardware components
- Expandable knowledge of facility sector TGA (especially ventilation and energy and utilities supply)
- Several years of leadership experience in comparable position
- Commitment, agility, leadership competence, flexibility as well as independent and team-oriented working practices, also on international level
- Willingness to face changes and creativity to help form and realise them in a goal-oriented way
- Distinct skills in communication and cooperation as well as work experience in an interdisciplinary field of responsibilities
- Business fluent in written and spoken German and English / Ideally German as mother-tongue
- Willingness and capability for frequent travelling