Technologist , Serology - United States
Charles River (company)
Under direct supervision, perform sample receipt, sample preparation and testing as specified in SOPs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the receipt of samples to be tested by the various serologic assays offered by the Serology Department.
- Document sample receipt using the Central Receipt database.
- Knowledge of various sample types and storage conditions.
- Follow instructions on sample submission forms for sample organization.
- Knowledge of proper sample dilution technique.
- Transfer samples to holding plates either manually or with the aid of a sample transferring device.
- Perform at least one serologic assay.
- Operate and maintain pipettes.
- May assist in the preparation of departmental media and diluents, including knowledge of proper labeling technique and storage conditions.
- May assist in creating orders using LTM.
- Share responsibility for maintaining appropriate inventory levels of departmental supplies.
- Share responsibility for departmental housekeeping and adherence to established safety procedures.
- May prepare samples for additional testing in another lab within the company or to an outside source.
- Responsible for proficiency in all related department SOP’s with general knowledge of the lab processes.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related discipline
- Experience: A minimum of one year related technical experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Knowledge of basic immunoassay methods and ability to operate typical laboratory equipment, specifically pipettes, centrifuges, microscopes and other laboratory equipment a plus. Strong organizational and prioritization skills required. Attention to detail and accuracy a must. Effective verbal and written communication skills required. Able to communicate effectively in a small group or one on one setting. Basic Microsoft Office skills are required; specifically Word.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet