This job is currently Archived,
Technologist Application Research (Material Vlidation) Heanor United Kingdom,
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Lead a range of technical hands on activities related to research projects seeking to innovate within the field of advanced composite material and/or process development
- Contribute in a proactive manner with the planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of research projects
- Be curious and drive an innovative approach whilst looking for potential material and process developments
- Maintain accurate records of all work carried out
- Capture and present experimental results internally and externally to customers, supervisors and project team members
Business/Technical Skills and Experience required
- A minimum of 5 GCSE qualifications, or equivalent including English and Mathematics
- Practical and demonstrable experience in an advanced composites research or manufacturing environment
- Willingness to follow work instructions precisely and accurately
- Plan tasks and activities on a day to day basis, and ensure work is prioritised appropriately
- Ability to evaluate information from various sources, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- The successful applicants must be able to evidence a strong results orientation, and be able to work effectively within a team environment, as well as showing the ability to work independently and prioritize workloads.
- They will also possess excellent communication, analytical, problem solving skills and a natural curiosity.
- Whilst the roles are based at our site, it should be expected that limited business travel would be needed to support projects.
Application Research (Material Validation)
- Working within the Technology Centre, but having a close relationship with both our team of chemists, and application engineering team, the successful candidate will assist in development new materials, and more specifically in understanding how new products behave within an manufacturing environment.
- The role is ideally suited to someone with a keen interest in materials development and experience in a range of processing technologies.
- The role will require the candidate to work in the lab, office and in an shop floor environment.
- Experience Entry level (0 to 2 years)
Heanor England United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates