This job is currently Archived,
Technician - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- Our company is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality.
- With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector.
- Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops.
- Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms.
- We work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world.
- Our company continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a skilled
- You will be part of the Crop Innovation Unit that focuses amongst others on dissecting the molecular mechanisms underlying biotic stresses in crop plants and the development of novel resistances. Your past experience with state-of-the-art molecular techniques, bioassays as well as affinity with cell biology will help to further improve the quality of our research.
- Your main task will be to execute scientific experiments in a project based research environment.
- You will plan, organize and work both autonomously as well as in teams.
- Experimental design and set-up of individual projects, data production, quality control, handling and analysis of large data sets and concise reporting to the project leader are your major responsibilities. Together with other experts in your team you will work on different projects to ensure that research goals are met within the company’s project milestones.
- BSc or MSc degree in the field of (plant) biotechnology, plant pathology, cell biology or related fields
- Substantial hands-on expertise with molecular technologies (DNA; RNA; protein; cloning) and their applications
- Capable of working independently and well organized in a rapidly changing professional environment
- Quality and result-oriented team player
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Flexible and pro-active working attitude to achieve objectives
- Capable of handling and organizing large data sets
- Affinity with plant pathology or related fields