Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our motivating force is the knowledge that our high quality of work provides people with the potential to live healthier and better lives.
- Scientific excellence and outstanding customer service are the hallmarks at our company.
- As one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 8000 employees and a market leader in the provision of product development services, our company is able to offer you the chance to build on your skills and knowledge and work with world-class experts.
- At our world class facility, our Bio analysis and Immunology Department are looking to employ an ambitious Technician for a period of 9 months.
- Due to our continued growth and success, we can offer rewarding opportunities in a research environment.
- Working as a Technician, you’ll join a team whose main function is to support toxicology and drug safety studies and perform quantitative analysis of drugs and/or metabolites in biological samples, usually fluids such as plasma and serum.
- These samples arise from both preclinical and clinical studies aimed at providing data for the development and registration of pharmaceuticals.
- At our world class facility, our Bio analysis and Immunology Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Technician.
- Ordering and maintaining consumable supplies,
- Preparation of reagents, sample management,
- Equipment management
- Cell culture
- Homogenization of tissue samples
- Sample and test material management
- Data management and report preparation
- General laboratory duties
Applicants should have:-
- 3 passes (Grade C or above) in your Scottish higher exams, or equivalent qualifications, preferably in Maths, Chemistry and Biology.
- Computer literacy especially MS Word and Excel.
- An eye for detail and work steadily at routine tasks and have effective communication skills.
- Pension Plan – Contributory (i.e. individuals can pay in between 3% - 5% salary and the Company will match the individual’s contribution level).
- Free life assurance as Pension Plan member (i.e. 4 x salary)
- Annual bonus arrangements (Corporate scheme)
- Subsidised staffroom
- Free Car Parking