Technician-Technical Services Manufacturing Science-Fixed Duration Employee - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Mission of the Technical Services/Manufacturing Sciences (TS/MS) Parenteral Pilot Plant (TSMSP3) is to facilitate technical stewardship within the parenteral products network, to help identify, evaluate, and implement new manufacturing technologies, and to support new product commercialization.
- Currently TSMSP3 is designated as a clean non-GMP facility not intended for clinical or commercial manufacturing.
- The Pilot Plant Technician is responsible for providing maintenance and technical support for the operation of the Parenteral Pilot Plant located at Greenfield, IN which encompasses parenteral drug product formulation, component handling, filling (cartridges, syringes, and vials), lyophilization, metrology, and other ancillary functions.
- Pilot Plant Operations:Provide support for scientists and engineers conducting projects at the Pilot Plant
- Conduct post-study clean-up operations and turn around equipment per study schedule
- Conduct daily building walk-throughs to check equipment operation and status.
- Report any observations in facility operation to the building engineer.Set up required process and instrument equipment
- Ensure safe operations are conducted in the facility
- Document study procedures and results in manufacturing tickets, protocols, and/or electronic lab notebooks
- Ensure proper test sample collection and shipment practices in alignment with regulations
- Maintain good “housekeeping” practices in the facility
- Ensure proper waste stream disposal an industrial hygiene practices are utilized
- Provide equipment maintenance and utilities monitoring for proper function and operation of the Pilot Plant.
- Health, Safety, and Environmental
- Ensures safety and environmental concerns are a priority
- Maintains and enforces the highest safety standards in the facility
- The Pilot Plant works with a variety of drug substances which may include potential allergens and particularly hazardous materials utilizing appropriate PPE and safe operation procedures.
- Ensures environmental impact concerns are considered during project planning discussions (examples: containment, dust exposures, static problems, explosion concerns,
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Previous experience in a formulation, process, or analytical laboratory setting is desired
- Demonstrated technical hands-on interests
- Demonstrated communication (oral and written) skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong self-management skills
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedule as some activities may require occasional support outside normal hours
- Associate degree in a scientific field
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.