Technician, Quality Control Microbiology - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a QC Microbiology Technician in our new commercial cell therapy production center
- You will work with the Quality Control team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy.
- This position provides Quality Control microbiological testing for clinical and commercial manufactured product, responsible for product testing, utility testing and environmental monitoring. The position is Tuesday through Saturday, second shift.
- Perform environmental monitoring of clean rooms
- Collect water samples
- Perform microbiological assays such as Gram Stain, Endotoxin, Sterility, Microbial Identification, Growth Promotion, Bio-burden and Plate Reading
- Perform visual inspection of final product
- Data entry and trend data
- Assist in investigations regarding out of specifications (OOS) results, address and manage deviations related to micro procedures.
- Routine maintenance of lab equipment and lab spaces
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology preferred with 0 to 2 years of Microbiology lab/Environmental Monitoring experience
- Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as air monitoring, water testing, surface monitoring, genus and species identification of various microbes
- Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
- Ability to gown for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas, and lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Ability to pass vision exam for visual inspection
- Knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality control processes
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, and work overtime as needed