Technician in Organic Chemistry - France
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- You will be part of the medicinal chemistry group and will contribute to the Drug Discovery projects progression from Hit identification through Lead generation and optimization to the ultimate Pre-Clinical Candidate (PCC) nomination.
- Under the guidance of experienced scientists and in compliance with good safety practices, you will:
- Implement the synthesis of new molecules with guidance from supervision
- Optimize reactions conditions
- Ensure the purification of crude products and implementation of separation methods in organic chemistry (e.g. Flash chromatography & preparative LC-MS)
- Implement and analyze the molecules from modern analysis methods (e.g. NMR, UPLC, DSC...)
- Extract relevant information from scientific knowledge databases to address synthetic challenges
- Report rigorously in due time the different steps of the experiment in laboratory notebook
- Be responsible for preventive maintenance of lab equipment
- Prepare power-point reports and give oral presentation to update activities on a regular basis
- Depending on level of experience, contribute to the identification of the synthetic routes
- 0+ year of experience with a bachelor in organic synthesis (for France: DUT/BTS, licence professionnelle) or relevant experience in organic synthesis.
- Strong interest in organic synthesis and willing to develop skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work well in both self-managed and team environment.
- Effective problem solver and objective driven Flexibility and fast adaptation to new objectives
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French and English (experimental protocols must be written in English)
If you are interested in joining a dynamic, open-minded, fast paced, exciting working environment, our company offers you a competitive package.