Technician I - Methods Development - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Technician I - Methods Development for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern, PA.
Under direct supervision, this individual will perform laboratory activities necessary for analytical or bioanalytical method testing including but not limited to, reagent preparation, laboratory maintenance/monitoring and method performance.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technician I- Methods Development position.
- Prepare reagents including buffers, chemicals solutions, protein solutions, complex reaction mixtures and media preparation according to standard test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Perform tasks using aseptic techniques including working within a biological safety cabinet.
- Participate in the general maintenance of all equipment related to the preparation of assay materials and the analysis of samples, and schedule repairs as required. Perform any laboratory maintenance and/or monitoring as necessary.
- Perform a variety of molecular biology laboratory experiments, tests, and procedures following well-defined techniques and guidelines, including isolation and analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins, PCR, RT-PCR, DNA sequencing and ELISA.
- Conduct aseptic growth and manipulation of bacteria, virus and mammalian cells.
- Make detailed observations and accurately and precisely record data. Summarize data for reports; perform simple graphic analysis of data. Document all activities performed in notebooks and test batch records in accordance with the current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Report results of experiments, tests and procedures, and analyze data.
- Efficiently organize and plan daily activities.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Follow all SOPs, STMs, and cGMP and cGLP guidelines as they relate to specific tasks.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Biology or related discipline.
- Experience: 0 to 1 year of related experience in a biological laboratory. Knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques or other analytical testing required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet