Technician I - Manufacturing - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Technician II, Manufacturing Department for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern.
Summary of Position
- Expand and harvest a mammalian or insect cell line or propagate and harvest a virus or vaccine candidate to generate several hundred vials of a Cell Bank or Virus Bank.
- Ability to appropriately culture and manipulate varying cell lines.
- Work within a clean room suite while gowned in clean room attire.
- Practice good aseptic technique and sterile procedures.
- Prepare stock solutions and media to be used in any Manufacturing campaigns.
- Perform calibration, monitoring and cleaning of laboratory equipment associated with the manufacturing of cell banks.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and working environment and monitor laboratory equipment specifications.
- Adhere to company policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) as related to cGMP compliance and good documentation practices.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technician II, Manufacturing Department position.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalent in biology or related discipline.
- Experience: 1 – 3 years related experience in biology, the industry, area or discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for specific education and experience listed above.
- Knowledge of cGMP and/or regulatory affairs pertaining to the pharmaceutical and biological industries is preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be able to perform basic math functions. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a small group or one on one setting. Basic Microsoft Office skills are a plus.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet