Technician I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Perform routine animal husbandry and other production duties. Maintain supplies and environment of environmentally-controlled work area(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine animal husbandry duties and monitor daily health and welfare to maintain quality and health of animals.
- Handle, transfer, and distribute animals, supplies and waste as needed to and from work area(s).
- Perform physical environment housekeeping duties and production operations according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintain recordkeeping pertaining to equipment operation, animal or supply area inventories.
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain the isolator and/or barrier room barrier.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines. Perform all job-related duties in accordance with company safety procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Compressed Work Week: M-Thur 9hrs, Fri 4hrs; Flexible Start Time 5:30 or 6:00 AM; Rotation in Weekend & Holiday Schedules Required.
Additional start times available after completion of Introductory / Training Period
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: Six to twelve months related experience in and/or training in animal husbandry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Preference will be given for AALAS certification at the Assistant Technician or its equivalent.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet