Technician- Facilities-FDE - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
- We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- This position is responsible for performing and documenting the required maintenance and monitoring of the facility and its equipment at one or several company campus buildings.
- You will be responsible for operation of the Facility’s HVAC/BMS, industrial and pure water systems, boilers, compressed air systems, UPS systems, emergency generators, process gas systems, heat transfer skids, industrial waste, and other equipment in the facility.
- You will be performing critical facility tasks including preventative and corrective maintenance on the facilities mechanical systems, installation of new equipment and general plumbing, electrical and painting/carpentry work, as well as, other duties as assigned.
- The objective of this position is to work with other facility, manufacturing and lab personnel to help the company and all its personnel reach their goals and provide a safe, clean and efficient environment.
- Perform daily walk-throughs and readings of all manufacturing/laboratory, utility and mechanical room equipment, as per procedures, documenting parameters and problems as they occurPerform preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance work orders on facilities, HVAC, utility systems, water filtration, laboratory equipment, mechanical and electrical systems, as per schedule. Document all work in accordance with cGXP requirements and company SOP’s
- Monitor building management system, including room environmental conditions and critical/non-critical alarms.
- Report and troubleshoot alarms as requiredProvide plumbing/mechanical, carpentry and/or electrical installation support for office and lab repairs, modifications, and build-outsMaintain cleanliness of the facility, equipment and supply storage areas, which includes general facilities fit and finish work
- Work with on-site contractors for completion of preventive, corrective and emergency work, ensuring all company documentation and safety procedures are adhered toProvide ongoing feedback to supervision for the revision and updating of applicable SOP’s, job plans, and spare parts inventory levels
- Troubleshoot and assist supervision as required on resolving equipment malfunctions, alarms, investigations, and change controls (if applicable)Recognize and report hazardous conditions, take appropriate work place safety measures and follow all OSHA and company Environmental, Health and Safety procedures
- 24 hour emergency response
- High School Diploma/GED, with minimum 2 years vocational, industrial, trade school or apprentice program educational experience
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience architectural/electrical/mechanical construction and/or maintenance experience
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
- Our company does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Experience in a cGXP environment preferred
- Ability to lift 80 lbs. and to climb a ladder
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Special licenses and/or certificates of fitness, as required by city or state regulations
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of two years with potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Our company is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status