This job is currently Archived,
Technician Cell Biology - Netherlands
Posted on : 26 April 2017
- With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector.
- Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops.
- Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms. We work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world.
TECHNICIAN CELL BIOLOGY
As member of the team you will contribute to the development of innovative technologies for plant breeding, such as applications of various genome editing technologies and the development of more efficient plant regeneration methods. Your past experience with state-of-the-art plant tissue culture and transformation techniques and molecular biological techniques will help to further improve the quality of our research.
- Your main task will be to execute scientific experiments in a project based research environment.
- You will plan, organize and work both autonomously as well as in teams.
- Experimental design and set-up of individual projects, data production, quality control, handling and analysis of large data sets and concise reporting to the project leader are your major responsibilities.
- Together with other experts in your team you will work on different projects to ensure that research goals are met within the company’s project milestones.
- BSc or MSc degree in the field of plant biotechnology, plant pathology, plant cell biology or related fields
- Substantial hands-on expertise with plant tissue culture and cell biological techniques
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA, RNA, protein)
- Capable of working independently and well organized in a rapidly changing professional environment
- Quality and result-oriented team player
- Good communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Flexible and pro-active working attitude to achieve objectives
- Experience with microscope work
- Experience with protoplast technology