Technician Application Research (Material Validation) - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Support a range of technical “hands on” activities within research projects seeking to innovate within the field of advanced composite material and/or process development
- Contribute in a proactive manner with the planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of research projects
- Be curious and drive an innovative approach whilst looking for potential material and process developments
- Maintain accurate records of all work carried out
- Capture experimental results, collate and present internally to supervisors and project team members
- A minimum of 5 GCSE qualifications, or equivalent including English and Mathematics
- Practical and demonstrable experience in an advanced composites research or manufacturing environment
- Willingness to follow work instructions precisely and accurately
- Carry out tasks and activities under the direction of project team members, taking responsibility on a daily basis for the timely completion of work
- Ability to evaluate information from various sources, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- The successful applicants must be able to evidence a strong results orientation, and be able to work effectively within a team environment as well as showing the ability to work independently and prioritize workloads.
- They will also possess excellent communication, analytical, problem solving skills and a natural curiosity.
- Whilst the roles are based at our site, it should be expected that limited business travel would be needed to support projects.
- Working within the Application Center, the successful candidate will be involved in development of cutting edge processing technologies, predominantly for automotive and aerospace application projects.
- The role would suit someone who can follow work instructions precisely and flourishes in an innovation rich environment.
- The role will allow the successful candidate to develop skills in robotics and automation, but will focus upon development of innovative composite processing technologies for future customer applications.