Technical Writer III (Senior Software Technical Communicator) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you’ll be doing:
The technical writer researches and documents hardware and software products and produces industry standard documentation in a single-source, automated delivery publication process according to established templates and standards.
- Interview subject matter experts, such as hardware and software engineers, software quality assurance engineers, and laboratory scientists.
- With moderate supervision, translate technical and scientific information into clear and direct language, including procedures, concept information, and images.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements.
- Verify content meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and meet all documentation deliverable deadlines.
- Track shifting priorities and confidently work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain documentation templates, layout guides, and graphics resources.
- Contribute to internal technical reference documentation, including process/procedure guides, as required.
- Generate/review user interface text, perform ad hoc product testing, and review product descriptions while researching and documenting new/updated features.
- B.A. or B.S. degree is required.
- A degree in life sciences, Chemistry, English, Journalism, or another substantive field is a plus.
- Clear, concise technical writing, on-line and hands-on research, interviewing and listening skills.
- Ability to learn new tools, applications, and technologies quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, solid project management skills for own projects, ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of single sourcing documentation topics and images in multiple output is required.
- Current knowledge of MadCap Flare is a plus.
- Ability to follow established company and group writing guidelines.
- Knowledge of Perforce or another source control system.
- Knowledge of Agile development processes and ability to work productively in Scrum teams.
- Ability to interact with multiple subject matter experts to document hardware and software products.
- Ability to manage own projects and produce quality documentation on time.
- At least 5 years' experience as a senior software technical writer, which includes writing first version software manuals and online help systems.
- Proven stable work experience with increasing responsibilities in the role of senior software technical writer is required.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.