For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Trainer for our Safety Assessment site located in Reno, Nevada.
Responsible for providing, coordinating, documenting and scheduling orientation and routine to highly complex training activities. Responsible for developing new technical training and for developing, revising, and implementing the use of training documents including SOPs and processes to support the overall company training program. Lead and mentor less experienced training personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with department management and lead, coordinate and/or provide technical training at all levels of complexity for department personnel.
- Identify needs for new technical training procedures, using input gathered through interaction with internal and external clients, scientific and management staff.
- Collaborate with management, cross-site personnel and internal/external resources to develop and implement new training and improve the overall training program.
- Assist in providing, coordinating, and scheduling on-the-job training for personnel.
- Ensure that all training provided meets quality and regulatory requirements. Provide additional training in these areas as needed. Provide quality review for internal processes, provide summary of review findings to appropriate department and management personnel, recommend actions and implement changes as needed.
- Discuss departmental and interdepartmental training initiatives, program concepts and training techniques with internal and external clients. Develop presentations and lead discussions as needed.
- Perform technical tasks to support completion of study tasks (as needed).
- Practice/maintain advanced technical skills and procedures, work independently and follow SOPs and processes.
- May be involved in sponsor/visitor tours and interact with clients.
- Conduct periodical internal regulatory departmental inspections as needed
- Develop new, review, and/or revise current processes, SOPs, training standards, quizzes, proficiency standards, and other training documents as needed.
- Evaluate, revise and implement new aspects of technical training programs across disciplines within the department.
- Lead and mentor less experienced training personnel.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Serve as a model as it relates to effective time management, communication and utilization of resources. Provide leadership and motivation to departmental personnel.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in scientific related discipline.
- Experience: 4-6 years related experience in animal science, biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment with a minimum of 1 year in a training capacity, or must have demonstrated full technical competence and satisfactory performance at the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Demonstrated advanced technical and analytical skills. Effective communication and leadership skills. Proficient in technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines. Understanding of basic, intermediate, and complex study design and protocols. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet