Technical Trainer - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for providing, coordinating, documenting and scheduling orientation and routine to highly complex training activities. Responsible for developing new technical training and for developing, revising, and implementing the use of training documents including SOPs and processes to support the overall company training program. Lead and mentor less experienced training personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with department management and lead, coordinate and/or provide technical training at all levels of complexity for department personnel.
- Identify needs for new technical training procedures, using input gathered through interaction with internal and external clients, scientific and management staff.
- Collaborate with management, cross-site personnel and internal/external resources to develop and implement new training and improve the overall training program.
- Assist in providing, coordinating, and scheduling on-the-job training for personnel.
- Ensure that all training provided meets quality and regulatory requirements. Provide additional training in these areas as needed. Provide quality review for internal processes, provide summary of review findings to appropriate department and management personnel, recommend actions and implement changes as needed.
- Discuss departmental and interdepartmental training initiatives, program concepts and training techniques with internal and external clients. Develop presentations and lead discussions as needed.
- Perform technical tasks to support completion of study tasks (as needed).
- Practice/maintain advanced technical skills and procedures, work independently and follow SOPs and processes.
- May be involved in sponsor/visitor tours and interact with clients.
- Conduct periodical internal regulatory departmental inspections as needed
- Develop new, review, and/or revise current processes, SOPs, training standards, quizzes, proficiency standards, and other training documents as needed.
- Evaluate, revise and implement new aspects of technical training programs across disciplines within the department.
- Lead and mentor less experienced training personnel.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Serve as a model as it relates to effective time management, communication and utilization of resources. Provide leadership and motivation to departmental personnel.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in scientific related discipline.
- Experience: 4-6 years related experience in animal science, biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment with a minimum of 1 year in a training capacity, or must have demonstrated full technical competence and satisfactory performance at the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Demonstrated advanced technical and analytical skills. Effective communication and leadership skills. Proficient in technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines. Understanding of basic, intermediate, and complex study design and protocols. Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet