Technical Trainer I (Animal Care) - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Technical Trainer I (Animal Care) for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Under general supervision, responsible for providing, coordinating, documenting and scheduling orientation and routine to moderately complex training activities. Also responsible for developing, revising, and implementing the use of training documents including SOPs and processes to support the overall training program.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technical Trainer position.
- Work with department management to coordinate and/or provide routine to moderately complex technical training for department personnel.
- Assist in providing, coordinating, and scheduling new hire orientation and on-the-job training for all personnel.
- Ensure that all training provided meets quality and regulatory requirements. Provide additional training in these areas as needed.
- Maintain, develop, and update all documents and databases used for the support and conduct of training tasks including but not limited to training standards, training records, and training timelines.
- Collaborate with Training Department management, cross-site personnel and internal/external resources to develop and implement new training techniques.
- Assist with the development, training, revision and quality review of internal processes.
- Assist with SOP development, revision, implementation and training.
- Perform technical tasks to support completion of study tasks (as needed).
- Assist with the development, training, and implementation of new technical procedures.
- May serve as a contact person for AALAS certifications. Provide proper documents for personnel seeking certification and registry status, and be knowledgeable of the latest changes in the certification and registry program (as needed).
- Practice/maintain basic and intermediate technical skills and procedures, work independently and follow SOPs and processes.
- May participate in conducting sponsor/visitor tours and interact with clients.
- May provide guidance to less experienced training personnel and training assistants.
- Assist senior training staff with the development of training programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet