Technical Support Specialist - United Kingdom
- The Technical Support Specialist – Spectroscopy & Elemental Analysis (IR/UV/TEA) provides technical support to field engineers and the inside service team around the world.
- The Technical Support Specialist responds to situations where inside service product support has failed to isolate or fix problems on the materials characterization instrument portfolio (IR/UV/TEA).
- Accountable for product line/technology area problem identification, resolution and communication.
- Provides support to customer/users where the problem is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- May be involved in occasional customer installation and training.
- Internal and external customers are based globally. Occasional travel required to deliver training – approximately 10-20%.
- Provide 3rd level Technical Support and problem resolution. Provide technical support to field service and inside service representatives as requested or required. Accelerate conclusion of non-routine field service problems to meet or exceed warranty and installation cost provisions while maximizing customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maintain Technical Documentation. Play an active role in the development, maintenance and implementation of technical documentation, user information services and in-house technical knowledgebase systems to improve the efficiency of less-senior specialists and field service resources.
- Support New Product Introduction. Support new product development efforts by providing critical input and evaluation of design-for-service, creating service documentation, defining and forecasting service parts, developing installation protocols, training field service specialists and participating in launch teams to monitor initial installations and assure successful product launches. Issue and maintain product line part numbers. Develop IQ/OQ-based service products.
- Develop and Deliver Technical and User Training. Conducts technical training courses for service engineers, inside service and/or customers in the use of assigned product line/technology
- MSc in Science or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 4-6 years experience in a customer support and service position with basic understanding of relevant applications and theory of analytical techniques
- Alternatively, an applications scientist in an analytical laboratory using relevant technologies and experience of troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Full training on all products/applications will be given, but previous experience of company instrumentation an advantage.
- Six Sigma training and experience is strongly recommended
- Strong IT competency (MS Office required, SAP beneficial)
- Hobbies involving DIY computing, mechanics, electronics will bring transferrable skills.
- Customer service ethic
- Problem solving skills
- Good communications skills
- Good written documentation skills
- Time management
- Team player
% of Travel Required : 10-20%