Technical Support Specialist - OPUS® Products, US - United States
We are seeking a Technical Support Specialist based in Repligen’s Waltham offices to support the market leading OPUS large scale pre-packed column product line. This individual will use their knowledge of chromatography, column packing, and downstream bioprocessing to support customers and the sales team in pre and post sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will work closely with Repligen colleagues including Sales Account Managers, Product Management, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Development Scientists/Engineers to ensure our products continue to serve the evolving needs of our customers in the bioprocessing industry.
- Work in coordination with Repligen’s global sales team, product management, and process engineering to provide pre and post sales support to customers for OPUS large scale columns (≥5cm IDs). This will include responding to technical inquiries, customer requests for technical support, providing on-site/in-lab support, and troubleshooting.
- Deliver technical presentations at Lunch and Learns or using an web platform (ex. webex)
- Develop and execute project plans to meet customer needs using Repligen technologies
- Provide knowledge and customer feedback to Product Management and R&D for the continuous improvement of Repligen products.
- Support technical complaint processes
- Contribute to applications data and collateral generation such as User Guides, application database and FAQs
- Up to 25% travel globally
- A Bachelors degree or higher in a scientific (biology/biochemistry) or engineering (chemical) field
- 5+ years’ experience working in a downstream purification discipline in a development or manufacturing setting in the bioprocessing industry. Relevant experience in the development of chromatography methods and column packing unit operations. Working knowledge of cGMP requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal/written communications skills and attention to detail are required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability work independently and be self-motivated to achieve defined goals
- Ability to work well within a global, cross functional team
- Willing and able to work flexible hours to accommodate client schedules
- Familiarity with OPUS pre-packed columns is a plus