Technical Support Representative II (Medical Technologist) - United States
- Assist customers and field staff by providing technical phone support on a broad range of clinical diagnostic instrumentation associated with autoimmune, infectious disease, and immunohematology product lines.
- Technical Support Representative provides a wide range of information, from general questions to extensive troubleshooting of instrumentation, to our company customers and field staff. Accurate documentation of all calls is required.
- Technical Support Representative provides technical chemistry/application support in a call center environment to customers using company diagnostic products; in addition to on-call support.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
- Requires data analysis skills, knowledge of related computations and categorization practices.
- Basic computer skills required, including MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Education: BS in Medical Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2+ years work experience in a laboratory setting (clinical laboratory, research labs, clinical diagnostics or manufacturing industry).
- Experience in a call center (customer service or technical services) is a plus.
- Requires full knowledge of scientific theory and ability to apply and clearly communicate scientific/technical knowledge to troubleshoot product issues.
- Experience with diagnostic instrument systems preferred.
- Blood Bank experience required; 3+ years experience preferred.